If you have already booked your campervan and would like some help planning and preparing your New Zealand road trip, these videos, tips and hints from other camper travellers will provide some useful information.
Check in Online
You can check in online to save time and start your adventure faster -
check in online now.
What to do when you Arrive
Getting to the depot to pick up your Britz campervan couldn’t be simpler with free shuttle buses from Auckland and Christchurch airports and a depot located right at the airport in Queenstown. Allow about an hour for checking out your vehicle at the depot. We know that when you get to our depot you will be keen to start your Britz adventure as soon as you can so we have designed a few ways to help you get on your way sooner. Vehicle Pick-up Procedure
Vehicle Pick-up Procedure
- On arrival our staff will be waiting to take you through your rental agreement and do all the legal stuff. Take a sneek peek before you get there:
- You will have to show us your driver licence (and official translation or international licence if non English licence) and let us take a swipe of your credit card so make sure you have those at the ready. Remember additional drivers are free of charge but we do need the licence details for every person planning to take a shot behind the wheel during the trip.
- Once that’s done you get to meet your new home for the duration of your Britz adventure and view your showthru by one of our crew, they will tell you all the ins and outs of making the most of your campervan.
- There is a lot to take in and we want you to feel comfortable, confident and safe in your campervan so take some time to familiarise yourself and ask any questions of our crew before you depart
- Then you are ready to get on your way and the rest is up to you. We do have heaps of useful info on campgrounds, suggested itineraries and local knowledge in our
Plan your trip section of the site.
What to expect at pick up
You might have a few questions about what to do when you arrive at the branch and what you will need to have ready, watch the video to put your mind at ease.
First 24 hours /Tips for your travel
The first 24 hours of a campervan holiday require a little bit of thinking ahead to make sure the rest of your trip goes smoothly.
Driver Safety Information
Watch our video to find out some of the top safety tips for your self drive holiday in New Zealand. Remember in New Zealand, we drive on the left side of the road!
Free Travel App
Download our Free New Zealand travel app . The Britz NZ Roadtrip app displays your current GPS location then shows the nearest campsite and holiday parks, (free and paid), petrol station, free wifi, real-time road alerts, supermarkets, dump stations, public toilets, LPG filling stations, laundromats and in fact pretty much everything you need when you're on the road in New Zealand. Don't leave home without it!